Long over due post.
So, in the past 2 years I’ve been buying things on aliexpress a little more frequently.
A few seeds here and there,a few hardware stuff. I’ve learnt a few lessons and I thought to share the know how.
1. They really do ship to Nigeria in about 2 weeks. Anything longer and there may be a story to it.
Some sellers are dishonest and won’t even ship the item or send a wrong tracking number but always monitor your inbox to be sure you take action when a letter about time running out for receiving your order comes or you will be left with the short end of the stick.
2. Don’t buy seeds on Ali express.
Gardening is gathering momentum now but be sure that you will be buying a weed very very likely.
I have been unlucky more times than I’ve been lucky.
some seeds don’t sprout and some are just plain weeds or the vegetable we call green. They always send that to me as blueberry seeds.
3. Don’t buy clothes on Ali express
The sizing is always wrong. I tried it once and never did it again
4. These days they are protective of their sellers. It is now a seller focused site.They won’t allow you make honest claims or they disable video uploads to support your dispute. You can’t file a dispute and your item isn’t working. Your money goes. Happened to me. Seller sent me the order again . It still didn’t working.
5.Be careful with their electronics. Everything is gamble. I did buy a rechargeable blender that works fine for quick smoothies
I also bought a solar lamp for the outside of the house.
6. I don’t buy skincare items off the site it’s a bit too scary to try . Dishonesty is the order of the day over there but these days the sellers all play scared. You don’t want to gamble with your skin.
7. Always check measurements and volume sizing. I have ended up with many small minute items in the name of a good deal. Examples are below.
I recently bought hair to add to a bundle I have because all the hair we buy comes from China. Wish me luck when it comes. I shipped to the USA because it was cheaper and more secure.
I find a lot of American reviews on their hair and it is tempting. Let’s see how it turns out. I will update this post.
You need to see the frontals and bundles there. Hmm.
8. How to get your items
They will arrive your local post office and you will likely get a call to pick it up or a text.
You can keep an eye out and check for it at the registered parcel section.
You don’t pay unless the parcel is big.
Hope this helps.